SUCCESS CASE SPOTLIGHT: The Workforce Institute’s City College
For over 40 years, nonprofit City College has helped people find their fit. City College provides industry-driven career programs in a supportive, engaging and vibrant learning community. What’s more, their aim is not only to help graduates gain employment, but to help them build fulfilling lives. They offer 3 highly sought after programs, including a world-class web design program, a medical office assistant program, and a computer specialist program.
City College was receiving zero enrollment leads from prospective students from their website and was in the middle of a brand identy crisis. They lacked a marketing strategy and the college’s website was dated and unappealing.
- Key Medium provided them with our Complete Custom Website solution.
- To kickstart their revitalized brand, Key Medium included Standout Branding, website design services, as well as a refreshed brand identity, complete with a striking color palette and modern, minimalist aesthetic. We designed it to be beautiful, discoverable, and easy-to-navigate for prospective students to learn everything they need in just a few clicks or taps.
- City College subscribed to a monthly maintenance package to ensure site continued site performance and security.
- They also invested in monthly PPC and display advertising campaigns to reach prospective students online.
Our brand refresh includes a robust content strategy with benefit-led messaging.
By working closely with Gamelin Associates and by adding an enrollment marketing specialist and content strategist to our talented team, we developed a unified brand strategy that intertwined content with design and development. We created new marketing collateral to convey a memorable, meaningful message that aligned with their business goals and aspirations.
We take a laser focus on search engine optimization.
Our founder is an expert in Google’s best practices and latest innovation and our results speak to that success. We followed mobile-first principles, fixed 100% of errors in Google Search Console and set up redirects to new pages to retain page authority. Keeping tabs on Google’s ever-changing algorithms is crucial to building upon and retaining our substantial digital footprint.
Due to its dramatic overhaul in development, design, branding, and messaging, WFICityCollege.org received a 2018 W3 Awards Gold and a 2018 Davey Awards Silver in the Websites – School/University category. Since launch, the site has generated an unprecedented amount of traffic, engagement, and buzz.
From a brand refresh to a complete website overhaul and the execution and planning of an integrated marketing strategy, their new website immediately began generating an unprecedented amount of targeted traffic and engagement.
- Within 48 hours, and with no online advertising, City College received their first-ever lead from their website.
- Google updated its cache of the homepage and updated the new URL to the secure variation – within 12 hours. We’ve never before seen such a rapid crawl, re-indexing, and refresh search results. Ever.
- We worked with Philadelphia’s largest nonprofit, the Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC), to migrate the new website over with ease.
- 1000% increase in search impressions within the first month of launch.
- In its first month – the launch campaign generated nearly 100 calls, a dozen qualified enrollment leads, and over 100k impressions.
What is a SMARTER marketing strategy?
At Key Medium, we craft beautiful and high-converting websites with an accompanying, integrated marketing strategy. The integrated strategy for brands we work with are partially based on the SMART marketing framework, with an additional component that is used to evaluate and reevaluate (SMARTER) the efficacy and efficiency of the marketing program based on data.
Does your website need a website, brand, or design refresh?
You can achieve the same success with your website when you hire Key Medium to build your custom website, refresh your brand, and create a compelling modern design that reflects your desired customer.