Pennsylvania CareerLink® Philadelphia is in partnership with the PA Department of Labor and Industry and Human Services, along with various direct-service providers, employers, more–to ensure Philadelphians are work-ready and have access to opportunity. Their new platform is designed to provide better assistance for career seekers and for businesses hoping to hire quality candidates.
PA CareerLink® Philadelphia needed a mobile-first solution and a cohesive brand. Their old website had unclear messaging and poor user experience. Users couldn’t figure out what steps they needed to take next. Additionally, the website structure itself was poor and hundreds of technical errors negatively affected their SEO. The brand was stunted and their company awareness, which is key for any community service, was low. The website needed a better site structure, rebranding, development, and clear resources to link workforce system providers and programs to help its users.
Key Medium designed and streamlined the platform for career seekers. We developed a much-improved award-winning experience with a mobile-first design that featured gamification components and subtle personalization throughout.
Prior to this project, Key Medium hadn’t developed a gamified version of a website, so it stretched our creativity in a fun way. We believe in this cause and wanted to help create a mobile-first solution to help career-seekers take action towards finding a job.
We restructured and redesigned the website, making it easy to find the right information such as where to go to find a job, career discovery and exploration, skills training, additional supports and benefits, and upcoming workshops.
For their secondary audience, businesses, we have made it clearer how business partners can get help with hiring people in the talent pipeline.
Overall, the two sides of the website now work in conjunction. People job seeking can find the right information and companies looking to hire those people, know where to go. Right from the homepage, there are action tiles prompting either individuals and employers ‘I’m looking to…’ with several options of where to go next from finding a job, training, and applying for disability services for individuals to searching for talent, viewing labor market data, and learning about industry partnerships for businesses. The website’s menus and buttons are clear with graphical interface elements.
Design strategy and user Experience
Here are some of the design strategies we implemented in the new redesign.
Complete custom website redesign and development
- Mobile-first website development with a custom WordPress theme
- User experience design
- with material design principles
- website personalization for users who submit lead forms
- Web design and development
SEO and digital strategy
- Prior to launch, we surveyed stakeholders and constituents, including individuals working within the CareerLink workforce system
- Conducted a deep dive into the analytics and brand immersion through market research
- Brand identity development (based on State guidelines not previously adhered to)
- Web analytics and Google Data Studio implementation and unification of data into a tailored dashboard to measure metrics like Vocational Skills Training (VST) requests system-wide.
The results we achieved are as follows.
- 26% lift in traffic
- Digital transformation
- Real-time datapoints in a unified dashboard
- Performance tracking software
- 14% increase in sessions within the first 6 months
- 873.4 thousand impressions in Google search
- 20% increase in organic traffic
- Increased conversion rate in line with the company’s workforce development goals
- Generated over 1,000 new leads for upskilling individuals
- Engaged dozens of new businesses
- Created executive scorecard
We received four internationally-acclaimed awards for the new PACL platform.
- 2019 COMMUNICATOR AWARDS DISTINCTION, Features-User Experience for Websites
- 2019 COMMUNICATOR AWARDS DISTINCTION, Websites – General-Employment for Websites
- 2019 HERMES CREATIVE AWARDS GOLD, Web-Mobile Information Experience
- 2019 MUSE CREATIVE AWARDS GOLD, Website- Employment
Does your website need strategic branding and website development? Reach out to us today.