So what does this mean for your search engine optimization strategy?
Follow Google’s progressive enhancement SEO principles.
Here’s how to ensure your site follows basic SEO principles:
- Content and their basic functionality must be accessible to all browsers.
- Use semantic markup, which wraps all content.
- Link your CSS & JS externally. These assets improve your layout and builds on the user experience, or behavior layer.
So what does this mean?
Google has adopted a more progressive approach towards crawling a web page/web app. This is great news if you follow Google’s basic SEO principles!
How to follow Google’s Webmaster Principles:
- Make pages for users (not robots)!
- Don’t deceive users
- Avoid tricks to improve rank (like auto generated content, hidden text, doorway pages, sneaky redirects, scraped content, etc)
- Think about what makes your website unique, valuable, or engaging. Make your website stand out from others in your field.
In short, make websites and apps for users, follow the basic principles of progressive enhancement along with Google webmaster guidelines, and you’ll do well!
Source: Core Principles of SEO for JS